- Not bad
- Not bad
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
VDrift is fully compatible with:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
You'll also need:
|Processor:||1.0 GHz||2.0 GHz|
|Video:||GeForce II||GeForce III|
VDrift is also compatible with ▼▲
Versions of VDrift
|VDrift 2009-06-15 23/06/09||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
- Variety of cars and tracks
- Poor AI
Although vDrift is a competent freeware and open source game / simulator, it lacks the attractiveness of and basic functionality a modern racing game / simulator might have. Of course it is in development always, graphics aren't everything and the game play should be most important, I feel the project lacks the visual and interactive essentials to sustain any larger audience for both players and developers alike. Overall this project has a lot of potential, but the underlying issues with both the game / sim and its website are making the project very difficult to progress and gain interest.
- 1) Coming along well with the physics and car handling.
- 2) Game playability with controllers and such like game pads, steering wheels or joysticks is more compatible.
- 3) The game / sim is open sourced and freeware at this point in time.
- 1) Website is bland and visually unappealing. Too much text and negative space. Gamers will flee the website.
- 2) Some developers / webmasters are unwilling to embrace change to progress the project and website.
- 3) The game does not support multiplayer which is the hugest downfall of all as they removed this feature due to bugs rather than coming up with a more permanent correct solution. No solution to date has been documented for vDrift.
- 4) There are no real aims / goals to development with little foresight into the future planning of vDrift.
- 5) Textures, lighting and sounds could be a lot better than they are.
- 6) There is no dedicated daemon (server) so this automatically excludes a massive audience. This also cripples the project worse because it removes the ability for a more vast audience of users to beta vDrift. because vDrift's AI is very featureless, racing against the computer becomes boring very quickly, interest in the game is lost and the user moves onto something else.
- 13 Sep 2010
Top Downloads: Touring
What are you going to give up in 2013? Smoking? Candy? Working too hard? How about you give up the... See more
Rightly or wrongly, Talking Tom Cat and its sequel, Talking Tom Cat 2 are two of the most popular... See more